At St Mary MacKillop Catholic Primary we embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of all learners to allow them to flourish and thrive.
We believe that every child has the right to a range of engaging learning experiences which meet their individual needs.
The Learning Diversity Leader is committed to developing collaborative partnerships between children, teachers, families and the community to ensure that children with additional learning needs are supported from the moment they are enrolled at St Mary MacKillop Catholic Primary School.
Once a student begins their journey at St Mary MacKillop, they are supported in a number of ways, including:
- Ongoing adjustments that allow all children to access the learning continuum at their own pace.
- Modified learning experiences and assessments to meet the individual child’s needs, ensuring they progress along the learning continuum at their own pace.
- Personalised Learning Plans formulated by teachers and parents/guardians when a student’s learning needs cannot be met by the standard curriculum.
- Program Support Group meetings convened each term/semester for children who meet the Nationally Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) criteria for Supplementary Adjustment and above.
- Literacy Intervention
- Numeracy Intervention
- Social and Emotional Intervention
If a student experiences difficulties with their learning at any time along their journey, they will be referred to the Learning Diversity Leader who, working closely with parents/guardians and teachers, will use a variety of information and assessment tools to guide interventions for the child.